Friday, June 22, 2012

Brave

I have avoided anything that has to do with this film online...on purpose. I wanted to see if the tv commercials did their job. They did not. The animated film opens today and I have no idea what it is about. It seems to be about a big-haired, red headed, Scottish girl that wants to choose her own path. In the trailer they show a large bear, some comedic Scottish people, and what appears to be mini versions of the lead character. I cant even tell if the three kids are girls or boys! At first it seemed as if Disney/Pixar was marketing the film as an epic or a coming of age story. Now yesterday I saw a commercial that showed nothing but humor clips. Is there some lack of confidence in this film by the production companies?( I saw 'John Carter' failing from a mile away and this one has a similar vibe) I know it has not caught my attention, and I have seen almost all their films opening weekend. I will wait for word of mouth before I go see this one.

No comments: