Monday, February 4, 2013

Film Review! Warm Bodies

Zombies.

Zombies are everywhere today.

Some are cool, some not so cool.

This one falls somewhere in the middle.

I told my wife that I expected it to be a "zombie Twilight" but it was not quite as teen lovey-dovey. The film has some cool concepts about the undead that where new to me. The way the lead zombie 'R', played by
Nicholas Hoult, was a normal thinking brain inside his walking corpse. It made for some unique and funny inner dialogue. I also liked the idea of when they eat a brain they absorb and relive that persons memories and feelings giving them a taste of normalcy for just that while. A great motivation to keep eating brains. In the end it did get a bit too cheesy with the focus on the "love" that R had for his normal girl. It took it too far into 'WB' TV show land.

On a new note, I saw an interview with the lead actor, Nicholas Hoult. He said that a pol had been taken with teen girls about who they thought was hotter, the zombie version of Hoult or the real guy...they chose the zombie version.
Our future looms bright....siiiiggh.

Riding the 'Twilight' train?

Teen girls idea of sexy today

No comments: