Monday, March 18, 2013

Review! Justice League of America #1 (DC)

COVER: David Finch.  Clever idea to have the individual states flags as variants. It must have been a
                organizational nightmare. Anyway, I got California, my home state.

STORY: Geoff Johns. Nice first issue. It gives us a clear idea of what Amanda Waller and Steve Trevor
                want from this new group and who and why they are choosing the "heroes". Lots of government
                creepy stuff that leaves you with a sense that things will go bad very,very soon (just look at Green
                Arrow).

ART: David Finch. I have always liked David's art. He has a unique style that evolved from his days at
           Top Cow under Mark Silvestri. He has some obvious flaws but they lend to the entire book having
           a cohesive feel and uniform "reality" for his characters. Good stuff!

FINAL FILE: BUY IT, READ IT,BAG IT!...this one goes on my pull list...for now.

I think I like this cover better.
Nice way of showing you the new roster.











No comments: