Monday, June 3, 2013

Review! The Movement #1 (DC)

COVER: Amanda Conner. Not sure why these characters are standing with water over their heads...and
                 giving some very dirty looks to us. Strange cover.

STORY: Gail Simone. So there seems to be a "movement" of young super powered boys and girls that are
                fighting against a city conspiracy and some demons? I think. I am a big fan of the DC Universe
                and I thought I knew it well, but I have no idea who these characters are, and I am led to believe
                that they are not new. There is a character named 'Mouse' that has the power to control rats. He
                is even shown riding a wave of rats like a surfer...yuck. And if he can control rats why call himself
                Mouse? Bad times for DC. Bad times.

ART: Freddie Williams II. Decent art. A bit too "squishy" and cartoony for the story but okay.

FINAL FILE: SKIP IT!...or "move" along to the next thing...comic books are not cheap anymore
                        and companies need to stop putting out sub par titles and spend their money on
                        quality to keep the cost down and the prices down. If I can tell what is good and
                        what is not so can an editor.

Strange cover

The art is squishy and crowded at times

No comments: