Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Review! Avenging Spider-Man #1-#8 (Marvel)

COVERS: Joe Madureira #1-#3. Joe was born to do comics, period. Greg Land #4. I used to like this
                  guys stuff until I found out he copies other guys artwork. Can not respect that. Leinil Francis 
                  Yu #5. Nice. Steve McNiven #6. A very un-McNiven cover. Could not tell it was him. Stuart
                  Immonen #7. Decent, reliable, Immonen art.
STORIES: Zeb Wells #1-#5. The Moleman story with Red Hulk thrown in is too cool. A Hawkeye guest
                   is also always top on my list. The Captain America story is the gem in this group. It is a nice
                   character study of Peter Parker and Steve Rogers getting to know each other. Greg Rucka
                   #6. First issue of a crossover story. I always hate when a series is interrupted with a crossover
                   issue and you feel left out if you don't buy the rest of story. I don't care for this issue. Kathryn 
                   Immonen #7. A fill in issue guest staring She-Hulk and cats...weak. Ty Templeton and
                   Don Slott #8. I thought this title was going to be stand alone, independent of all the other
                   Spidey books...I was wrong. I did not read the rest of the Dr. Octopus story so I was lost.
                   Then they throw in a Silver Sable back story? Really? Who cares about Silver Sable? I have
                   also always hated magic based characters so a Dr. Strange guest star is never a plus ( not even
                   Dr. Doom could save this issue).
ART: Joe Madureira #1-#3. Rocks! Greg Land #4. Too bad this guy is a cheat, his art is actually good.
           Leinil Francis Yu #5. Leinil can do any book. Nice artwork all around. Marco Checchetto #6.
           This guys stuff is new to me but I like it. he will be a star in the future. Stuart Immonen #7. This is
           one of the cleanest artists out there. His style fits any book and is nice to look at. Matt Clark #8.
           Is this the old Image " Mathew Clark"? I cant tell. He is a bit "Imagey" in style and his Spider-Man
           sucks! His skull changes shape in every panel.
FINAL FILE: Buy, Read, Bag, #1-#6...skip the rest...for now.


No comments: