Monday, October 29, 2012

Review! Guarding the Globe #1 (Image)

COVER: Todd Nauck. I love these big group shots of team books. This one is cool but they dropped the
                 ball on the coloring. I guess they were trying for atmospheric perspective but it did not work.
                 When I first saw it I thought it was a printing error...but it was more of a brain error by the
                  colorist, John Rauch.
STORY: Phil Hester. My only taste of 'Guardians of The Globe' has been in the 'Invincible' title, and that
                was a while back. This first issue felt fresh with mostly new characters. I like that they just throw
                the reader into the action and not spend the whole book introducing the team. I like getting to
                know the characters through their actions. Likable cast.
ART: Todd Nauck. I remember Todd from the 90's Image days and he just sucked. My brother and I
           used to make so much fun of his art...well, he has gotten better. A lot better. Time is an artists best
           friend...you can only improve. I like Todd on this title. I have to go tell my brother.
FINAL FILE: Buy, Read, Bag it!


No comments: