Friday, January 4, 2013

Review! Masks #1 (Dynamite)

COVER: Mel Joy San Juan.  Not the best artwork or design but I am a "Things From Another World"
                fan so I purchased it.(plus it was $1.99)
STORY: Chris Roberson. It would be a great idea to get all these classic heroes together into one team...
                if I cared about these characters. It just seems that no matter what anyone does with them, they
                just feel old, and that may be a good thing. Grandfathers need heroes too right? Good story                                
                though.
ART: Alex Ross. Its Alex Ross. Beautiful pages. He is the sole reason I picked up this issue, and him
           leaving after one issue is why I wont pick up the next one.
FINAL FILE: #1 and DONE! without Alex Ross its just not worth my money.

This was the cover I bought but mine said "Things From Another World"...thanks Dr. No's!

Original cover by Alex Ross

Jae Lee variant...(best one)

Adrian Syaf variant


No comments: