Friday, November 2, 2012

Review! Wolverine Max #1 (Marvel)

COVER: Jock. The only good thing about this book.
STORY: Jason Starr. A "Wolverine loses his memory" story, how original. How the hell are Wolverines
                legs cut off in the plane crash? Adamantium, remember?! Then they grow back? So his healing
                factor can regrow his adamantium laced bones now?!! WTF? This better not be a dream story.
ART: Roland Boschi and Conner Willumsen. I don't even know where to start. This is some crappy
           artwork. Some of the worst I have seen in a comic book. The main story (drawn by Boschi I think)
           has Wolverines face change from panel to panel. Look at his face on page 18...who is that guy? Then
           we have the flashback sequences ( drawn by Willumsen I would guess). What "genius" at Marvel
           decided that this should get paid for his art? I even hesitate to call it "art". It hurts my eyes. Is that
           "prospector" looking guy with the mustache supposed to be Sabertooth? I feel like he is trying to
           do an imitation of  Rafael Grampa's art...but fails badly! He makes me miss Rob Liefeld.
FINAL FILE: SKIP IT!...this is one of the single worst issues I have ever read. For a Wolverine
                        first issue it missed the mark by a mile. Bad job Marvel, this title will be canceled 
                        soon I predict, or it should be. On top of all the bad content we only get 20 pages of
                        story for $3.99...rip off. If you have not bought this book yet, DON'T! If you did 
                        then I feel for you...where can I get my money back?!

Do not let this cool cover fool you...



No comments: